There are numerous activities and attractions to explore on Waiheke Island. For a comprehensive list of things to do, we recommend visiting the websites https://www.waiheke.co.nz/ and https://www.tourismwaiheke.co.nz/explore. These websites provide detailed information on various attractions, tours, vineyards, beaches, art galleries, dining options, and other experiences available on Waiheke Island.
We are located inside the Matiatia Ferry terminal on the island. Our staff hours are from Monday to Sunday, 8 am to 5 pm.
To get to your rental car, you can take the Matiatia Ferry terminal access via Fuller360 ferry from Auckland downtown. Alternatively, if you're traveling from Sealink, you have the option to have the rental car picked up from Kennedy Point. Please note that all Kennedy Point pickups and drop-offs incur an additional $100 location surcharge.
Yes, we may offer discounted rates for long-term bookings. For more information and to discuss your requirements, please contact our friendly team during office hours at 027 654 7939 or 09 372 2217. We will do our best to accommodate your request whenever possible.
Yes, our hire includes unlimited kilometers. You can drive without any restrictions on the distance you travel during your rental period.
No, we do not allow smoking in the vehicles. Smoking is strictly prohibited to ensure a clean and pleasant environment for all our customers.
If you are involved in a third-party accident, here are the key steps you should take:
1. Ensure safety: Move to a safe location if possible, away from traffic or any potential danger.
2. Contact emergency services: If there are injuries or significant property damage, call the police and/or an ambulance immediately.
3. Exchange information: Exchange contact, insurance, and vehicle details with the other party involved. Get their name, phone number, license plate number, and insurance information.
4. Gather evidence: Take photos of the accident scene, including the vehicles involved, damage, and any relevant road conditions. Note down any witness information.
5. Report the incident: Call Waiheke Car Rental Team on 027 654 7939 or 09 372 2217 during office hours or email email@example.com for After hours) Notify about the accident as soon as possible. Provide them with accurate details.
6. Seek medical attention: Even if you don't feel injured, it's advisable to get a medical evaluation to rule out any hidden injuries or to document existing ones.
7. Send accident details to Claim Team: Please send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org for the insurance claim:
(a) The photos of the third-party vehicle plate number, and driver's license (At least 4 images)
(b) The photos of third-party driver's license
(c) The photos of the third-party accident damage and the damage to the car you drive
(d) The third-party contact number and insurance company name Remember, these steps serve as general guidance, and the specific actions you take may vary depending on your location and the circumstances of the accident.
Yes, we require a credit card to secure your booking. We will keep this credit card on file, and it will only be charged in the unlikely event of an accident or infringement. If you have chosen our standard insurance, in case of an accident, you may be charged up to NZ $2500 as an excess. However, if you have opted for additional insurance coverage, you will only be charged the amount agreed upon under your selected insurance option.
Yes, your hire includes our standard insurance coverage. However, please note that it comes with an excess of $2500, which would be payable by the hirer in the event of any accident or incident charged to their card.
Yes, you can use your overseas license as long as it is in English. However, if your license is not in English, you will need to either obtain an "International Driver's License" or obtain an official translation from an NZTA approved service before coming to New Zealand. This is necessary to ensure compliance with local driving regulations.
The minimum driver age for our rentals is 18 years or older. As long as you have a valid full driver's license, you are eligible to hire a vehicle from us.
For detailed information about our insurance terms, we recommend reviewing our terms and conditions. Our terms and conditions provide a comprehensive disclosure of the insurance coverage and any associated terms, conditions, and limitations. It is important to familiarize yourself with these details to understand the extent of coverage provided by our insurance policies.
Prior to your pick-up date and time, we will email you the key collection procedure. For after-hours key drop-off, please use the Kiosk Key hole located at the counter, clearly marked for key drop-off only. In case of any urgent after-hour communication, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
To extend your hire, you must either call us during office hours or visit our Kiosk located inside the Matiatia Ferry Terminal and speak with one of our team members. Please note that you must return the vehicle before the hire expiration date and time stated in your agreement.
In the event of a breakdown during your hire, please follow these steps for assistance. For mechanical breakdowns (engine faults, electrical faults, cooling system), contact AA Roadside Assistance at 0800 734 543 immediately to prevent further damage. Non-mechanical breakdowns (fuel run-out, wrong fuel type, wheel/tyre damage, locked/lost keys, hirer-caused flat batteries) are not covered by AA and will incur charges. Report all issues promptly to our team during office hours at 027 654 7939 or 09 372 2217. After-hours assistance can be requested via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The indemnities above shall not apply where the damage, injury or loss arises when:
(a) The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his or her ability to drive the vehicle;
(b) The vehicle is in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition that arose during the course of the hire and that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the hirer or driver was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle;
(c) The vehicle is operated by a driver being disqualified from driving in New Zealand for any period (loss of licence).
(d) The vehicle is driven by any person not named in this rental agreement;
(e) The vehicle including its accessories and spare parts is wilfully or recklessly damaged by the hirer or any other person named in the agreement or driving the vehicle under the authority of the hirer, or is lost as a result of wilful or reckless behaviour of the hirer or any such person;
(f) The vehicle is operated off-road or on any beach
(g) ALL vehicles (including 4WD vehicles) are prohibited from driving on ALL 4WD tracks.
(h) The vehicle including its accessories and spare parts is damaged as a result of submersion in water, including crossing creeks, Puddles, rivers or flooded fords.
(i) The vehicle is operated outside the term of the hire;
(j) The vehicle including its accessories and spare parts is damaged as a result of incorrect fitting or use of snow chains or ski/snowboard racks or bicycle racks;
(k) The vehicle including its accessories and spare parts is damaged by any item carried inside or outside the vehicle, such as a surfboard or bicycle;
(l) Accidents or damage to vehicles in illegal parking areas.
All Insurance package do not cover the damage below:
1. Damage is caused due to unlawful driving
2. The driver receives a charge of reckless or dangerous driving by the New Zealand Police
3. Damage is caused due to negligence or willful conduct
4. Damage is caused due to the use of incorrect or contaminated fuel
5. Damage is caused due to using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation
6. Insurance options do not cover loss or damage to accessories hired
7. Vehicle rollover
8. Underbody damage
9. Overbody damage
10. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
11. The hirer takes the vehicle onto a beach or off-road
12. The hirer takes the vehicle onto the road not paved with asphalt, cement, concrete
13. Insurance does not cover the cost of repairing damaged car keys/remote and the cost of matching new keys after losing the key/remote.
14. Damage is caused when these terms and conditions are breached
As per our cancellation policy, if you cancel your booking 7 days prior to your pick-up date, you are entitled to a 100% refund. If you cancel 3 days prior to your pick-up date, a charge equivalent to 1 day of hire will be deducted, with the remaining balance refunded. Cancellations within 3 days of the pick-up date are non-refundable. Please refer to our cancellation policy for further details.